- Isolation of total cellular RNA from a variety of tissues
- Kit contains Lysis Tubes with beads for homogenization
- Optimized for using the SpeedMill
- May also be used with other homogenizers
- Improved extraction without the use of toxic β-mercaptoethanol
- Product Information
ProductinfoThe innuSPEED Tissue RNA Kit allows users to isolate total RNA from a variety of tissue samples quickly and efficiently through the use of a homogenizer. A SpeedMill (or other homogenizer) is used as an effective means of digesting the starting material within the Lysis Tubes contained in the kit. Lysis is performed without the use of highly toxic β-mercaptoethanol, after which the genomic DNA is removed through an initial Spin Filter column. The RNA is then bound to a second Spin Filter membrane, washed and finally eluted in 30 – 80 µl of RNase-free water.
1. Homogenize and lyse the tissue sample 2. Use an initial Spin Filter column to selectively remove the gDNA 3. Bind the RNA to a second Spin Filter 4. Wash the bound RNA 5. Perform final elution
Extraction A260 : A280 1.7 - 2.0 Starting material for extraction Tissue samples of up to 20 mg
Ø Yield Depends on the type and quantity of the starting material
Up to 100 µg
Binding capacity Column binding capacity: > 100 µg RNA Duration of extraction Homogenization and lysis: approx. 20 minutes
Purification: approx. 11 minutes
Handling NA Lysis Tubes Tube size NA Packages Weight incl. packaging (may differ) 0.3 kg Package height (may differ) 10.0 cm Width of package (may differ) 19.0 cm Length of package (may differ) 10.0 cm
Extraction of total RNA from 20 mg tissue samples followed by visualization on a denaturing formaldehyde gel.
Lane 1 – 3: Total RNA isolated from 20 mg tissue samples
- Items delivered
Scope of delivery / Kit components
Lysis Tubes P, Lysis Solution, Washing Solutions, RNase-free water, Spin Filter D (blue), Spin Filter R (purple), Receiver Tubes, Elution Tubes, user manual
Storage conditions / Stability / Delivery
The innuSPEED Tissue RNA Kit will remain stable for at least 12 months if stored in a dry place at room temperature (14 °C to 25 °C).