- Extraction of total cellular RNA from fungal spores and gram+ bacteria
- No DNase I digestion: filter membrane for fast, selective removal of genomic DNA
- Integrated inactivation of endogenous and exogenous RNases
- Improved extraction without the use of toxic β-mercaptoethanol
- Optimized for use with homogenizers (such as the SpeedMill)
- Product Information
ProductinfoThe innuSPEED Bacteria/Fungi RNA Kit has been designed for rapid homogenization and includes an efficient process for digesting the cell walls of fungal spores and gram+ bacteria in specially developed Lysis Tubes, the process utilizes the SpeedMill (or other homogenizers). The starting sample is then denatured; the unique Lysis Buffer deactivates endogenous and exogenous RNases. Once the genomic DNA has been selectively removed, the RNA is bound to the surface of a Spin Filter membrane, washed and then finally eluted from the membrane. The isolated RNA is immediately available for downstream applications.
1. Homogenize and lyse the starting material; deactivate RNases 2. Perform filtration step to selectively remove genomic DNA 3. Bind the RNA to the Spin Filter 4. Wash the bound RNA 5. Elute
Extraction A260 : A280 1.7 - 2.0 Starting material for extraction Gram+ bacteria (max. 1 × 109)
Ø Yield Depends on the type and quantity of the starting material
Up to 30 µg
Binding capacity Column binding capacity: > 30 µg RNA Duration of extraction Homogenization and lysis: approx. 40 minutes
Purification: approx. 10 minutes
Handling NA Lysis Tubes Tube size NA Packages Weight incl. packaging (may differ) 0.3 kg Package height (may differ) 10.0 cm Width of package (may differ) 19.0 cm Length of package (may differ) 10.0 cm
RNA was extracted from gram+ bacteria, which are not carrying spores using the innuSPEED Bacteria/Fungi RNA Kit (triple determination). Isolated bacterial RNA was visualized on a denaturing formaldehyde gel.
Lane 1 – 3: Extracted RNA from gram+ bacteria
- Items delivered
Scope of delivery / Kit components
Lysis Tubes S, Lysis Solution, Washing Solution, RNase-free water, Spin Filter (blue and purple), Receiver Tubes, Elution Tubes, user manual
Storage conditions / Stability / Delivery
The innuSPEED Bacteria/Fungi DNA Kit will remain stable for at least 12 months if stored in a dry place at room temperature (14 °C to 25 °C).