Data ProtectionAnalytik Jena AG takes the protection of personal data very seriously and therefore adheres to data protection regulations. Personal data is collected on this website only to the extent necessary. Under no circumstances will the collected data be passed on to third parties without your knowledge or a valid lawful reason. The following declaration provides you with an overview of what data Analytik Jena AG collects during your visit to its website and for what purpose. It also explains how the data is used and what associated protective measures are taken on a technical and organizational level.
I. Controller/Service ProviderThe controller as defined by the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDGG-new), and the legal data protection regulations of the state of Thuringia (ThürDSG), as well as the service provider as defined by the German Telemedia Act (TMG) are:
Analytik Jena Aktiengesellschaft
Tel.: +49 (0) 36 41 77-70
(cf. our imprint: https://www.analytik-jena.de/en/imprint.html)
II. Data Protection OfficerThe data protection officer of the controller is:
Hanauer Landstraße 151-153
60314 Frankfurt am Main
III. General Information About Data Processing
1. Scope of the Processing of Personal DataWe collect and use the personal data of our users in principle only as required to host a functional website featuring our content and services. We collect and use the personal data of our users only after they have granted their consent. An exception applies in such cases in which it is not possible to obtain prior consent, and legal provisions require the processing of data.
2. Legal Basis for ProcessingIf we obtain your consent for subjecting your data to processing operations, Art. 6, Para. 1 lit. a of the GDPR serves as the legal basis. For the processing of personal data as required to fulfill a contract to which you are a contractual party, Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b of the GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are required to conduct precontractual measures. If the processing of personal data is required to fulfill a legal obligation to which Analytik Jena AG is subject, Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. c of the GDPR serves as the legal basis. If processing is required to preserve a legitimate interest of our Company or a third party and the interests and fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the former interest, then Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f of the GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing.
3. Data Deletion/Storage PeriodYour personal data is deleted or restricted as soon as the purpose of storage no longer holds. In addition, data may be stored if it has been provided by the European or national legislator in EU legal regulations, laws, or other provisions applicable to Analytik Jena AG. Data may also be restricted or deleted if a storage deadline stipulated by the specified standards has expired unless further storage of the data is required for the conclusion or fulfillment of a contract.
IV. Data Processing on this Website
1. Description and Scope of Data ProcessingWhenever you access our Analytik Jena website, temporary information transmitted by your browser is automatically stored on the (web) servers. The data recorded in the designated log file includes among others: the pseudonymized IP address, the browser used, the time and date of the page visitor, and the system used by the page visitor. The data is also stored in the log files of our system. This data is not stored together with other personal user data.
2. Legal Basis for Data ProcessingThe legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f of the GDPR.
3. Purpose of Data ProcessingThe temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary in order to present the website to the users computer, thereby enabling our website to be visible to you as a user. For this purpose, the users IP address must remain stored for the duration of the session. Storage in log files is necessary to ensure the functionality of the website. In addition, the data helps us optimize the website and ensure the security of our information technology systems. No data analysis for marketing purposes occurs in this context. An additional purpose is our legitimate interest in data processing according to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f of the GDPR.
4. Duration of Data ProcessingThe data is deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of its collection. The retention period is seven days. Backups are preserved in encrypted form for 14 days.
5. Opt-out and Removal OptionThe collection of data for hosting the website and the storage of data in log files are absolutely necessary for operating the website. To this extent there is no opt-out option.
2. Legal Basis for Data ProcessingThe legal basis for the processing of personal data using technically necessary cookies is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f of the GDPR. The legal basis for the processing of personal data using cookies for analytic purposes, subject to the users consent, is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a of the GDPR.
VI. Google Analytics Web Analytics ServiceOur website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google LLC. (Google) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA).
1. Description and Scope of Data ProcessingGoogle Analytics uses files called cookies, text files that are stored on your computer and enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookies about your use of this website (including your IP address) are usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. On our website, we use the code extension anonymizeIp, which activates IP anonymization on this website. When this extension is used, however, Google will shorten your IP address beforehand within the member states of the European Union or in other treaty states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google will not combine the IP address transmitted by your browser as a result of Google Analytics with other data. Google will transmit this information to third parties, if necessary, as long as this is legally prescribed, or third parties process this data on behalf of Google.
2. Log FilesWhenever you access our Analytik Jena website, temporary information transmitted by your browser will automatically be stored in Google Analytics. This entails the following information: browser type/version, the operating system used, terminal device used for the access (cell phone, table, desktop), location of the access, name and URL of the viewed page(s) or file(s), referrer URL (the previously visited page), host name of the accessing computer (IP address), date and time of the server request, page views during the page visit, duration of the page visit, conversions (e.g., making contact, partner searches, product inquiries, etc.), and searches on the website. If users are signed into a Google account, we use demographic features derived from their settings, if necessary. Users can change their demographic data in the advertising settings of their Google account.
3. Legal Basis for Data ProcessingThe legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f of the GDPR.
4. Purpose of Data ProcessingWe use Google Analytics in order to routinely analyze and improve the use of our website. Google will use the information exclusively on our behalf in order to evaluate your use of the website, in order to compile reports about website activities, and to render other services related to website and internet use for the website operator. The compiled statistics enable us to improve our services and design them to be more interesting for you as a user. An additional purpose is our legitimate interest in the processing of personal data according to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f of the GDPR.
5. Duration of Data ProcessingThe data we send and cookie-related data are automatically deleted after 14 months. The deletion of data whose retention period has been reached occurs automatically once monthly.
VII. Making Electronic ContactWe offer you the opportunity to inform yourself on various issues concerning Analytik Jena AG and to contact us electronically via the website, if necessary. You have the option of initiating electronic contact with us through the provided contact forms as well as the provided email addresses.
2. Legal Basis for Data ProcessingThe legal basis for the processing of data, subject to the users consent, is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a of the GDPR. The legal basis for the processing of data that is transmitted as a result of sending an email is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f of the GDPR. If the email contact is intended to conclude a contract, an additional legal basis for processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b of the GDPR.
3. Purpose of Data ProcessingThe processing of personal data from the input window of the contact form solely helps us to process the contact. Making contact via email also constitutes the necessary legitimate interest to process the data. The other personal data processed during the sending procedure serves to prevent the misuse of the contact form and to safeguard the security of our information technology systems.
4. Duration of StorageThe data is deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of its collection. For the personal data from the input window of the contact form and the data that was sent by email, this is the case if the respective conversation with the user has ended. The conversation has ended when circumstances indicate that the relevant matter has been conclusively clarified. The additional personal data collected during the sending procedure is deleted after no later than seven days.
VIII. Inserting HyperlinksIf you encounter hyperlinks on our website that transfer you directly to the website of other providers (e.g., recognizable by the change in URL), we do not assume any responsibility for the confidential handling of your data. After all, we have no influence over the compliance of these companies with data protection regulations. Please inform yourself directly regarding how these companies handle personal data on their website.
IX. Sending of Informational Material
1. Description and Scope of Data ProcessingOur website offers the option of ordering informational material about products and services by Analytik Jena AG (e.g., information package about products, brochures, manuals, flyers, application manuals, publications) organized by topic and/or by special request without charge, which you will then receive by email. During the process of registration to receive the informational material, the data from the input window is transmitted to us and stored. No information is passed on to third parties in the context of data processing for the sending of the informational material. The data is used exclusively for sending the informational material.
2. Legal Basis for Data ProcessingThe legal basis for the processing of data following the users registration to obtain the informational material is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b of the GDPR.
3. Purpose of Data ProcessingCollecting user data assists in delivering the requested informational material. The collection of other personal data as part of the registration procedure serves to prevent misuse of the services or the address used (email or postal address) and to ensure the safety of our IT systems.
4. Duration of StorageThe data is deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of its collection. Accordingly, the users address (email or postal address) is stored for as long as it takes to process the delivery of the informational material. Other personal data collected during the registration procedure is usually deleted after seven days.
2. Legal Basis for Data ProcessingThe legal basis for the processing of your data following registration for the newsletter, subject to your consent, is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a of the GDPR.
3. Purpose of Data ProcessingRecording the users email address allows us to deliver the newsletter. The newsletter is sent as a result of the users registration on the website. The collection of other personal data as part of the registration procedure serves to prevent misuse of the services or the email address used.
4. Duration of StorageThe data is deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of its collection. Accordingly, your email address is stored for as long as the newsletter subscription is active. Other personal data collected during the registration procedure is usually deleted after seven days. If you confirm your email during the double-opt-in procedure, we store your input data until you withdraw your consent.
5. Analytic Services of EvalancheWe would like to point out that we can analyze your user behavior when sending the newsletter. We use Evalanche for sending our newsletter. Evalanche is an analytic service of SC-Networks GmbH, Enzianstr. 2, 82319 Starnberg, Germany. Evalanche will not pass your personal data along to third parties. Evalanche uses files called cookies, text files that are stored on your computer and enable analysis of the use of the newsletter. The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of the newsletter (including your IP address) is read and sent to a server in Germany. The newsletter includes tracking pixels (so-called web beacons). These are miniature graphics that enable log file recording and log file analysis for statistical evaluations. Technical information (such as the browser and your system, the terminal device used and the mail client), your IP address and the time of retrieval are collected. It is also collected whether the e-mails were delivered successfully, whether and when the newsletters were opened and which links were clicked. In addition, the reading time is recorded on a target group basis. The tracking pixels, as well as the links contained in the newsletters, are linked to the ID assigned to you by the above cookie, which is assigned to your e-mail address and allows you to determine your reading behavior from the retrieval locations that can be determined by means of the IP address (personal tracking). The information is used to technically improve the service based on the technical data or the target groups and their reading behavior based on the call locations or access times. The information serves us to recognize your reading habits and to adapt our contents to them or to send different contents according to your interests and technical requirements as a newsletter user. Personalized tracking is not carried out without your consent. During the registration procedure for the newsletter, you can provide your special consent to this.
6. Withdrawal and Removal OptionYou can cancel your subscription to the newsletter at any time and withdraw your consent to receive the newsletter. For this purpose, the newsletter can be canceled either by the provided link in the newsletter or a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can withdraw your consent to personalized tracking at any time by clicking on the special link to process your newsletter profile that is available in every newsletter email. You can then actively uncheck personalized tracking (opt-out) on the indicated profile processing page or notify us at email@example.com to do so. Withdrawal does not affect the legality of processing until withdrawal as previously consented. Upon withdrawal of the consent declaration, the data is deleted unless the need exists for further storage of the data, e.g., through legal requirements.
XI. Integration of YouTube Videos
2. Legal BasisThe aforementioned data is not collected and processed by us, but by YouTube. Only in special circumstances do we exercise legitimate interest as defined in Article 6 para. 1 lit. f of the GDPR.
3. PurposeThe purpose of integrating YouTube videos is to provide you as user with an impression of our Company and of our products and services. For these purposes, we also have a legitimate interest in integrating YouTube videos. We would like to notify you again that we receive no personal data from you when you play YouTube videos. This data is collected and processed by YouTube. YouTube stores your data as a usage profile, which it uses for purposes of advertising, market research, and/or to design its website to be more accessible. Such an analysis takes place in particular even for users who are not logged in to display advertising appropriate to users accessibility needs and to inform other users of the social network about users activities on our website.
4. Duration of StorageThe duration of storage is determined by YouTube.
5. Opt-out and Removal OptionIf you do not want YouTube to process your data, you have the right to object. To exercise your right to object, please contact YouTube, which can be reached at the aforementioned links. We recommend that you regularly log out of YouTube and Google after using your account, especially before playing YouTube videos on our website. If you are logged in to your YouTube and/or Google account, you make it possible for YouTube to directly attribute your surfing behavior to your personal user account.
XII. Rights of the Data SubjectIf we process your personal data, you are a data subject as defined by the GDPR, and you are entitled to the following rights from us as the controller:
1. Right to InformationYou can require that we as the controller confirm whether we have processed personal data concerning you. If such processing has been done, you can require us to provide the following information:
- (1) the purposes for which the personal data is being processed;
- (2) the categories of personal data that are being processed;
- (3) the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data concerning you has been disclosed or will yet be disclosed;
- (4) the planned duration of the storage of the personal data concerning you or, if specific information is not possible regarding this, the criteria for setting the duration of storage.
- (5) the existence of a right to correction or deletion of the personal data concerning you, a right to restrict the processing by the controller or a right to opt out from this processing;
- (6) the existence of a right to file a complaint with the regulatory authority;
- (7) all available information about the origin of the data if the personal data has not been collected from the data subject;
- (8) the existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling according to Art. 22 Para. 1 and 4 of the GDPR and at least in these cases meaningful information about the logic involved as well as
2. Right to CorrectionYou have a right to have us as the controller correct and/or complete the data if the personal data concerning you that has been processed is incorrect or incomplete. We will make the correction immediately.
3. Right to Restrict ProcessingUnder the following conditions you can request that the processing of the personal data concerning you be restricted:
- (1) if you contest the correctness of the personal data regarding you for a period that enables the controller to review the correctness of the personal data;
- (2) the processing is unlawful, and you decline the deletion of the personal data and instead request that the use of personal data be restricted;
- (3) the controller no longer requires the personal data for the purpose of processing, but you need it in order to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims, or
- (4) if you have opted out of the processing according to Art. 21 Para. 1 of the GDPR and it has not yet been determined whether the legitimate reasons of the controller outweigh your reasons.
4. Right to Deletion
a) Deletion ObligationYou can require us as the controller to delete the personal data concerning you, and we are obligated to delete this data immediately if one of the following reasons applies:
- (1) The personal data concerning you is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
- (2) You withdraw your consent, on which the processing according to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a or Art. 9 Para. 2 lit. a of the GDPR was based, and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- (3) You opt out of the processing according to Art. 21 Para. 1 of the GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing, or you opt out of processing according to Art. 21 Para. 2 of the GDPR.
- (4) The personal data concerning you has been processed unlawfully.
- (5) The controller is required to delete personal data concerning you in order to fulfill a legal obligation under European Union law or the law of the member states that applies to them.
- (6) The personal data concerning you was collected with regard to the services offered by an information society according to Art. 8 Para. 1 of the GDPR.
b) Information to Third PartiesIf we have made the personal data that concerns you public, we are obligated to delete it according to Art. 17 Para. 1 of the GDPR. Furthermore, taking into account available technology and implementation costs, we take appropriate measures, including of a technical nature, to inform the persons responsible for data processing and who process personal data that you as the data subject have requested that they delete all links to this personal data or copies or replications of this personal data.
c) ExceptionsThe right to deletion does not exist as long as processing is required
- (1) to exercise the right to freedom of speech and information;
- (2) to fulfill a legal obligation, which requires the processing of data under European Union law or the law of the member states that applies to the controller, or to fulfill a responsibility that is in the public interest or in the exercise of public authority that has been vested in the controller.
- (3) for public interest reasons in the area of public health according to Art. 9 Para. 2 lit. h and i as well as Art. 9 Para. 3 of the GDPR;
- (4) for archival purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or for statistical purposes according to Art. 89 Para. 1 of the GDPR as long as the right specified under section a) presumably makes impossible or seriously impairs the realization of the goals of this processing, or
- (5) for the assertion, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
5. Right to NotificationIf you have asserted the right to correction, deletion, or restriction of processing against us as the controller, we are obligated to notify all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you was made public, about this correction or deletion of the data or restriction of processing unless this turns out to be impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about these recipients by us.
6. Right to Data PortabilityYou have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have made available to us as the controller in a structured, standard, and machine-readable format. You also have the right to transmit this data to another controller, to whom the personal data was made available, without our interference, as long as
- (1) the processing is based on consent granted according to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a of the GDPR or Art. 9 Para. 2 lit. a of the GDPR or an agreement according to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b of the GDPR and
- (2) the processing is done using automation.
7. Right to Opt OutYou have the right, for reasons that arise from your particular situation, to opt out at any time from the processing of personal data concerning you resulting from Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. e or f of the GDPR; this also applies to any profiling based on these regulations. The controller will no longer process the personal data concerning you unless it can provide compelling and legitimate reasons for the processing that outweigh your interests, rights, and freedoms or the processing serves the assertion, exercise, or defense of legal claims. If personal data concerning you is processed in order to conduct direct advertising, you have the right to opt out from the processing of the personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising at any time; this also applies to profiling to the extent that it is associated with such direct advertising. If you opt out of the processing for purposes of direct advertising, the personal data concerning you will no longer be processed for these purposes. You have the option, in connection with the use of services of an information society regardless of Directive 2002/58/EU to exercise your opt-out right by means of automated processes in which technical specifications are used.
8. Right to Withdrawal of Data Privacy ConsentYou have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of processing until withdrawal as previously consented.
9. Automated Decision in an Individual Case, Including ProfilingYou have the right not to be subjected to a decision exclusively based on automated processing including profiling that has legal repercussions for you or significantly harms you in a similar manner. This does not apply if the decision
- (1) is required for the conclusion or fulfillment of an agreement between you and the controller,
- (2) is permitted under legal provisions of the European Union or member states that apply to the controller and these legal provisions include appropriate measures to preserve your rights and freedoms as well as your legitimate interests, or
- (3) is made with your express consent.